Tuesday 23 May 2017

Evening Sun

For this card, I finally saw an opportunity to use a piece of roughly textured paper I found in a stationery shop and had been hoarding. It made an interestingly textured base for my sponged background. I began by considering Time Out's challenge #83, a CAS challenge of a beautiful card by Hannelie from Desert Diva and then realised that Just Add Ink's sketch challenge #360 shared the common element of a central circle, so decided to combine them.

Made using: 
Stampin' Up:
Ink: So Saffron, Calypso Coral, Rose Red, Blackberry Bliss 
Paper: Whisper White
Perfect Pairings stamp set (sentiment)
Stitched Framelit and Circles Collection dies
Other: ek flower punch, Kaisercraft flower wreath die set.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my word! Such a richly sponged centre - it's gorgeous and I love how the colours of your sunset are echoed in your sentiment. It all contrasts beautifully wiht the delicate white frame and base. It's a masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Such a lovely vibrant panel and beautifully balanced with the white space..Love it! Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great combination of the challenges! Love the ombre colours! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card, and a lovely inky background. Great idea to combine challenges. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The texture card works beautifully with the sponging. I love the subtlety of the white flowers on your card. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful! I love the way you were inspired by my card!
    Thank you so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete